Oracle recently announced the release of the first Autonomous Database, an Oracle Cloud DBaaS offering based on Oracle Database. Autonomous Database Cloud is a fully managed database tuned and optimized for data warehouse & transaction processing workloads with the market-leading performance of Oracle Database. Autonomous Databases Cloud uses the same Oracle Database software and technology that runs your existing on-premises marts, data warehouses, and applications, making it compatible with all your existing data warehouse, data integration and BI tools.
This is an one day technical Workshop led by Oracle Innovation and Modenization Center, focusing on delivering innovation and business agility to Oracle Partners through a technical Cloud Demo and Cloud referance presentation demonstrating Oracle Cloud platforms and services .
We will deep dive into Oracle Cloud for you to have all insights of Autonomous Data Warehouse (ADW) – Autonomous Transactions Processing (ATP). Learn how quickly and easily you can provision an ADW instance on Oracle Cloud and take advantage of the benefits of Oracle’s unique autonomous database cloud architecture.
Pre-requisites for attending the hands-on session
Laptop with Wi-fi enabled and ability to install:
• Oracle SQL Developer
Install SQL Developer 18.1 using “Windows 64-bit with JDK 8 included” from this
Other platforms (Mac OSX and Linux)
1. Install JDK 8u161 from this link,
2. Install SQL Developer 18.1 for your platform, from this link,
- Oracle Data Visualization Desktop (only for Windows 64-bit)https://edelivery.oracle.com/osdc/faces/SoftwareDelivery
Search for “Oracle Data Visualization Desktop 12c” in the search text box.
Select version “Oracle Data Visualization Desktop 12c 12.2.5 “
Attendees should pre-install the above software in advance to save time during the workshop.
- Oracle Autonomous Cloud Platform.
- Oracle’s Autonomous Database Cloud Service.
- DBA’s role in the autonomous cloud.
- Use cases and various integration platforms.
- Getting Started and Provisioning a New ADW / ATP instances.
- Securely Connecting to ADW.
- Working with Data Warehouse Services and Sample Data Sets.
- Loading Data into Your New Autonomous Data Warehouse.
- Querying External Data.
- Managing and Monitoring ADW using the Cloud Console.
- Data Visualization Using Data Visualization Desktop.
- Using Oracle Machine Learning SQL Notebooks
- Summary and Q&A.